Monday 9 May 2011

Helen's Cardigans for Baby





Having worked up to 38 weeks, I thought I'd relish having nothing to do for the first couple of weeks of my maternity leave. However, I've actually been really bored so have been knitting furiously to keep myself busy. The top cardigan is my first attempt at making a garment from shaped pieces. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out although I have some work to do on making my 'sewing together' a bit neater. The bottom one is another version of the navy stripy ones I made at the end of 2009. My knitting has obviously improved a lot since then as all the bits I couldn't understand those first times round (like the eyelet detail round the neck) made perfect sense this time. I'm obviously learning!




1 comment:

  1. Love the cardigans and the buttons are perfect! Clever you. Look forwad to seeing Sam wearing them

    ReplyDelete